Thursday 8 December 2011

Auditions, Meetings, and some great new tunes...

I had the chance to meet with Canadian actor Riley Gilchrist (Degrassi the Next Generation, Being Erica) over a sushi lunch yesterday.  I haven't been great about networking with people in the city but am making a concerted effort to do so more, and it turned out that this was the highlight of my week!  First of all, I've recently become a die hard Being Erica fan so that in itself made me pretty hyper.  Also - he was an incredibly down to earth guy who had a lot of great advice on classes in the city and was very complementary of the training I got at The Neighborhood Playhouse in NYC.  The meeting left me feeling motivated and on track.  And that carried into my audition for CanStage today.

I literally imagined that my acting teacher from the Playhouse was with me (sounds crazy, but it works).  I did my two monologues and sang my song and aside from fumbling up one of the lines, I think it went ok! It was one of those auditions where you leave the building and the next 10-15 minutes are an absolute blur because you're on such an adrenaline rush.  Fingers crossed but either way it was an excellent opportunity and it's always good practice to do a monologue audition.

I headed to work and en route stopped at the Starbucks at King and Yonge and ordered my festive special a "decaf grande half sweet skinny peppermint mocha" - it's effing delicious try it when you can.  The Barista drew me a skinny chocolate man on the top and I almost spewed my rice krispy square all over the bar laughing.  Amazing.

If you can tear yourself away from the Christmas tunes - Check out the album "A Different Kind of Fix" by "Bombay Bicycle Club" on itunes.  This is my favorite tune of the moment but the entire album is awesome.  This tune is great if you need an addition to your workout/running playlist.  (Shout out to Christine Wheatley for recommending Bombay Bicycle Club to me!)

Enjoy the Christmas Lights :)

xoxo,

Allie

Weekly Goal Update:
Acting Career:  CanStage Audition done!  Cards sent out to industry, done.  Meeting with Reel editor tomorrow, try to get it finished and sent to casting directors before x-mas!!!
Running:  12.5 out of 15 K complete
For Fun: Christmas Treeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment