Wednesday 11 April 2012

OH GOD, I THINK I'M A GROWN UP

Top Ten Signs You're a Grown Up:
  1. You start reading home decor magazines and or food magazines
  2. Before splurging on a pair of jeans, you consider what kitchen appliance you could get instead
  3. You stop eating kraft dinner (except maybe once a year...obviously with hot dogs)
  4. You refer to your youth as "back in the day" and are shocked when tweens aren't familiar with N'Sync or Backstreet Boys
  5. You start to really appreciate your grandparents and wish you knew more about them
  6. You own a slow cooker
  7. You either own a dog/cat or are seriously considering it...and possibly have a tester plant (mine's name is Joseph...he may or may not be a cactus)
  8. You pretend like the book you're reading on the subway isn't The Hunger Games
  9. You stop hanging out with people who don't make you happy
  10. Benders are replaced by epic dinner parties.
Yep. It's offical.  I think I might be grown up now.  

There are some fairly major parts of being an adult that I'm still not caught up with yet (ie buying a house), but I've finally made the decision to lease a car.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!  It's a little black Honda Fit named (probably) Ricky.  It's going to make this summer of performing at 4th Line Theatre even better.  On top of that, I get to pick her up on my birthday!

Half-Marathon training is going pretty well.  I invested in a "Fuel Belt" from running room and bought myself a foam muscle roller.  Now I've just gotta keep my training on track and not freak myself out too much.  Hit the 10 mile mark last week and tomorrow's 11 miles.  Wish me luck, and please feel free to msg me with your favorite running tunes.  

xoxo Allie


No comments:

Post a Comment